Many people suffer from soreness and muscle stiffness problems after exercise. This happens when you are also suffering from inflammation. The main reason for this problem is the fact that exercise triggers the release of various hormones in the body. Some of which can cause inflammation. However, there is nothing to worry about this as this can be overcome with simple measures and making suitable changes to your everyday diet. Those who suffer from such an issue must go through this article to have vital information and proper measures to counter this situation.
This is common with people who workout rigorously without giving a break. The body overreacts in this situation, and inflammation increases to counter the stress on the muscles. All you need to do is to give some break to your everyday exercise routine and enjoy a healthy diet so that the muscles can recover from the workout stress. It also helps to have them release the tension created by the exercise. It is needed for a better physique to have regular exercise, but that must be carried out in accordance with a schedule where a few minute’s breaks are provided.
Best Ways To Recover From Soreness And Inflammation Due To Exercise
This is a primary issue with people who go for a workout for stretched sessions and do not prefer to have a break for a few minutes also. Many people make the mistake of not stretching before and after a workout session. When you stretch before a workout session, your body will be warm enough to take the stress, and there are fewer chances of injury in this situation. In the same way, when you stretch after a workout session, your muscles will be able to relax and get back to a normal state. Thereby the shock will be reduced, and muscle recovery will happen in a quick time.
- Omega 3 fatty acids: Omega 3 fatty acids are well known to reduce inflammation in the body. You can use supplements to get the desired dose of these nutrients. However, you will get the best results when you get them through natural sources like nuts and beans. In this way, the immunity levels will go up in a natural way, thereby reducing inflammation in the body.
- Cut down sugar intake: To get complete relief from inflammation, it is essential to cut down on refined sugar intake. In the long run, using refined sugar can lead to chronic inflammation, and you will suffer a lot from various health conditions. Even though your body needs adequate amounts of sugar, it is not a good idea to get them through refined sugars. You should always prefer getting sugar from natural sources like honey and fruits. In this way, your body will be able to get good relief from inflammation and also build your immunity to good levels. This can prevent inflammation in the long run in a natural way. The things you should avoid include using processed sugar for coffee and other beverages. When you are drinking fruit juices, prefer the freshly made ones to the processed ones available in the market. Also do not add additional sugar to the fruit juice and get used to the natural taste of fruits. If possible, eat fruits in a direct way rather than making juice out of them. In this way, you will also get the additional benefits of fibers that will usually be lost when you make juice out of fruits.
- Shower: Most people feel that cold water can provide good relief from inflammation as it activates the defense mechanism in the body. Even though it is true, it is not a good idea to take a cold shower after a workout session. This can contract your muscles, and the soreness will continue for long hours. However, when you use warm water for shower after exercise, your body will relax as the muscles get to expand during the shower. In this way, muscles can easily recover from stiffness, and you will be able to continue with your everyday activities without any discomfort.
- Body Massage: There is nothing more beneficial than getting a good body massage after your workout session. If you are suffering from soreness, it can be reduced easily with a good massage. You can get the best results when you use warm oil for massage. In this way, your muscles will get to relax, and you can recover from inflammation. It is also recommended to have a hot water shower after your massage to provide further relief to aching muscles. This oil has the potential to reduce pain and inflammation of the body. You will feel relaxed after using them, and it can give you good relief from muscle soreness. People also report feeling relaxed after using this oil. You can use it after consulting your doctor. They will analyze your overall health condition and suggest if it is suitable for your situation. In this way, you can derive the maximum benefits out of this oil.
- Sleep: Never underestimate the importance of good sleep. This is the phase where the natural repair mechanism of the body kicks in, and you will get complete relief from various health problems. Make sure you do not have any lights on during sleep as this helps your body to go to a deep sleep phase. This can trigger the repair mechanism and help you to recover from inflammation and soreness in a quick time. It is advisable to sleep for at least 6 hours on a daily basis. If you are into regular workouts, you should try to increase it to around 8 hours a day so that your body gets sufficient rest to recover from the stress.
These simple tips can help you to recover from exercise-induced inflammation and soreness problems in quick time. Always make it a habit to workout gently within your capacity and take adequate rest once in a week. Also, listen to your body and avoid working out when you are tired. Remember that your body knows what is best for itself, and you can stay fit and healthy by practicing a moderate exercise regime for a long duration.
With over 15 years as a practicing journalist, Nikki Attkisson found herself at Powdersville Post now after working at several other publications. She is an award-winning journalist with an entrepreneurial spirit and worked as a journalist covering technology, innovation, environmental issues, politics, health etc. Nikki Attkisson has also worked on product development, content strategy, and editorial management for numerous media companies. She began her career at local news stations and worked as a reporter in national newspapers.