The e-commerce industry is booming. It’s projected to be worth $4 trillion by 2020, and eCommerce sales are only continuing to grow in popularity. One way you can get your eCommerce business noticed on social media is through Twitter marketing.
Twitter Tips For Boosting E-commerce Sales
Twitter is a social media site that some e-commerce stores have been using to increase their e-commerce sales.
E-commerce stores use Twitter in a variety of ways, from having a dedicated e-commerce store account to posting on e-commerce-related hashtags. In this article, we will discuss the many different ways you can use Twitter for your e-commerce business and get skyrocketing e-commerce sales!
Strategies To Increase Sales Using Twitter
Let’s look at some specific e-commerce strategies to help you grow your sales on Twitter.
- 👉🏼First, eCommerce stores should create a separate Twitter account for their e-commerce business. This will help keep your personal and professional accounts separate and make it easier to manage your eCommerce tweets. When you set up the account, be sure to include your eCommerce store’s website URL in the profile so that potential customers can easily find you online.
- 👉🏼Second, eCommerce stores should be sure to post frequently on Twitter and interact with their followers. This is a great way for e-commerce businesses to get more people following them while also increasing eCommerce sales by engaging potential customers early in the buying process. Posting new items at least once a day is an optimal frequency to ensure that you’re reaching your target audience.
- 👉🏼In addition, eCommerce stores should use hashtags related to e-commerce in their tweets. This will help potential customers who are looking for information on e-commerce find your tweets and learn more about your store. Some popular eCommerce hashtags include #ecommerce, #shop, #retail, and #sale.
- 👉🏼E-commerce stores should consider using Twitter Cards in their tweets. Twitter Cards allow eCommerce businesses to include rich media content in their tweets, such as product images and videos. This can help increase engagement with your tweets and lead to more e-commerce sales.
- 👉🏼Share Product Info and Images- One of the best ways to use Twitter for eCommerce is to share product info and images. When you tweet about your products, make sure to include high-quality photos so that potential customers can see what they’re buying. You can also include a link to your website or online store in your tweets so that customers can learn more about your products and buy them directly from you.
- 👉🏼Tweet About Discounts and Sales- Another great way to use Twitter for e-commerce is to tweet about discounts and sales. When you’re running a sale, make sure to let your followers know on Twitter. You can also tweet about exclusive discounts that are available only to Twitter followers.
- 👉🏼Drive Traffic to Your Website or Online Store- It’s important for e-commerce businesses on Twitter to link their social media accounts with their websites and online stores so that customers can easily find the products they want and buy them directly from you rather than a competitor. Most eCommerce platforms like Shopify will allow you to connect your e-commerce store with your Twitter account, so make sure to take advantage of this feature.
- 👉🏼Connect with Other Businesses and Customers for Partnerships or Collaborations. Twitter is a great platform for eCommerce businesses to connect with other businesses and customers for partnerships or collaborations. When you reach out to other businesses on Twitter, you can collaborate on projects such as product reviews, giveaways, or even just tweeting each other’s content. You can also connect with customers on Twitter to get feedback about your products or services.
- 👉🏼Engage with Your Audience- One of the most important things eCommerce businesses should do on Twitter is to engage with their audience. When you tweet and reply to followers’ tweets, eCommerce shoppers will feel like they matter and that you care about them. Your eCommerce engagement also helps build trust with potential customers, who may be on the fence about buying your products or services. E-commerce businesses can engage in a variety of ways:
- 👉🏼Ask questions to get feedback from their followers (e.g., “What are your thoughts on our new product?”)
- 👉🏼Respond to tweets about their products or services
- 👉🏼Share positive customer feedback
- 👉🏼Thank customers for their loyalty
- 👉🏼Host Twitter chats or Q&As
Building trust and credibility with e-commerce shoppers are essential, and engaging with your audience is one of the best ways to do that. Try engaging with e-commerce shoppers on Twitter and see for yourself.
Twitter is a great platform for eCommerce businesses to connect with customers and grow their sales. When you use Twitter in combination with your eCommerce store, you can drive traffic to your website, share product info and images, and engage with your audience. Try some of the tips shared in this article and see how they work for your eCommerce business.