We’ve all heard about the importance of aerobic exercise to clear out toxins from our bodies, but what if we told you that there was another way to accomplish this same goal?
Recent research indicates that anaerobic exercise also helps remove toxic waste from your brain, which could have enormous implications for those suffering from brain-related disorders like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Read on to learn more about this new approach to clearing toxic waste from the brain!
How To Clear Toxic Wastes From Your Brain?
Toxic waste can build up in the brain and lead to a variety of problems, including Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and other cognitive disorders.
Current methods of clearing toxic waste from the brain are not very effective, and often have side effects that can be worse than the original problem. A new approach that uses nanotechnology may be more effective and have fewer side effects.
In a new study, researchers have found that a common drug used to treat seizures can also help clear toxic waste from the brain. The drug, called levetiracetam, was found to reduce levels of a protein called tau in the brains of mice.
Tau is a protein that accumulates in the brains of people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. It disrupts communication between nerve cells and gradually destroys them.
We’ve shown for the first time that this drug passes through the blood-brain barrier, gets into the brain, and reduces tau, said Dr. Joel Dudley, professor of neurology at Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine.
With further development, it may be possible to use drugs like levetiracetam as add-on therapy or even as a monotherapy treatment. However, more research is needed before it can be applied to humans.
More From Powdersville Post:
The do’s and don’ts
- Do your research. Before you start anything, it’s important to understand the issue at hand. In this case, that means learning about toxic waste and how it can accumulate in the brain.
- Talk to a doctor. Once you have a good understanding of the problem, it’s time to consult with a medical professional. They can help you determine if this approach is right for you and offer guidance on how to proceed.
- Make a plan. This is an important step for any type of health challenge, but especially when it comes to something as complex as clearing toxic waste from the brain. Work with your doctor to come up with a treatment plan that makes sense for you.
- Follow through with your plan.
The length of time it takes
Scientists have developed a new approach to clearing toxic waste from the brain that could potentially speed up the process by up to 100 times.
The new technique, which uses sound waves to break up clumps of protein, is currently being tested on animals. If successful, it could be used to treat a variety of neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
The hope is that this new approach will one day help patients with these conditions regain some of their lost cognitive function.
Some additional things you can do while doing this technique
- If you are attempting this technique, it’s best to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids. This will keep the toxins from remaining in your system.
- You can also eat foods that are high in antioxidants, such as blueberries and dark chocolate. These foods will help to protect your cells from damage.
- Exercise is also important while doing this technique. It will help to increase blood flow and get rid of any stagnant energy in your body.
- When doing this technique, make sure to get a good night’s sleep because your body needs to repair itself.
- Enjoy a hot cup of chamomile or lavender tea before bed. This type of tea will help you to relax and get the best sleep.
🔵National Library Of Medicine (n.d) The Brain’s Waste-Removal System (Available Online):https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6353118/
🔵NPR (n.d) Brains Sweep Themselves Clean Of Toxins During Sleep (Available Online):https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/10/18/236211811/brains-sweep-themselves-clean-of-toxins-during-sleep
- The Teen’s Parents Say She Was Denied A Kidney Transplant Because She Wasn’t Covid-Vaccinated - December 13, 2022
- Breakthrough Drug Revolutionizes Breast Cancer Treatment: Scientists Overjoyed - December 12, 2022
- Flint Water Crisis: The Judgment Exonerates The Former Governor Of Michigan From Any Prosecution - December 12, 2022